SeaWorld Orlando, a zoological park of marine life, has amused an estimated of 5.8 million guests and made it the seventh-most visited amusement park in the United States.
It has different sites inside the park such as Key West (exhibition of dolphins, sea turtles, manatees, alligators, stingray, as well as flamingos), Shamu's Happy Harbor (a kids’ play ground featuring Shamu killer whale, with six family rides, a net climbing construction, and a section of aqua play), and The Waterfront (a resemblance of a coastal Mediterranean rural community).
They also provide some rides of Manta, Kraken, Journey to Atlantis, Shamu Express, Sky Tower, Sea Carousel, Jazzy Jellies, Swishy Fishies, Ocean Commotion, The Flying Fiddler, and Net Climb.
Manta is a soaring and gliding ride adventure in resemblance of a manta or ray “flying” through the ocean and seas. The ride dives down closing to the “ocean” with the splash effects to make it feel real. The features of this ride are ten aquariums with 3,000 different animals.
Kraken claims to be the longest roller coaster in Florida after Expedition Everest. Its name derives from a mythological sea monster of dragon eel.
The layout includes a rock formation of “lair” and a small cave as spherical aquariums of “eggs”.
Shows and attractions:
The animal exhibitions display Penguin Encounter, Shark Encounter, Pacific Point Conservation, Dolphin Cove, Turtle Point, Manatee Rescue, Stingray Lagoon, Dolphin Nursery, Flamingo Pond, and Wild Arctic performing walruses, polar bears, as well as beluga whales.
The live shows featured in SeaWorld Orlando are Shamu Stadium (a killer whale’s performance), The Stadium of Whale and Dolphin (performing Andean condor, macaws, false killer whales, dolphins, and circus performers and divers),
The Stadium of Sea Lion and Otter (a comical presentation of Pirate Island Quest of Seamore and Clyde featuring a pair of California sea lions), Bayside Stadium (sequences of music concert on- stage performance and more special occasions), The Theatre of Nautilus (an energetic performance by Cirque du Soleil),
Theatre of Seaport (a show performed by cats, dogs, and others), and Seafire Inn (a dinner theater).
Reflections, a nightly fireworks, dancing fountains, and mist screen presentation are performed during peak seasons.
- Viva La Musica: the musical live shows perform on March 12, 19, 26, and April 2, 2011.
- Jack Hanna Weekend: a show performing the recognized world celebrity animal expert, Jack Hanna or known as ‘Jungle Jack’. This show is held from April 29 to May 1, 2011.
- Summer Nights at SeaWorld: Dining, shopping and night attractions perform from June 25 to August 14, 2011.
- SeaWorld’s Halloween Spooktacular: Costumes party of sea witches and pumpkin fish held in October 2011.
- SeaWorld’s Christmas Celebration: Celebration of Holiday festive season starts the show during winter 2011.
- New Year’s Eve at SeaWorld: musical celebration and vibrant fireworks to rejoice the New Year’s eve and welcome the future. The show will be held on December 31, 2011.